Re: [AUCTeX-devel] A simple patch displaying compilation time

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] A simple patch displaying compilation time
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 16:49:55 +0000

>>> "Mosè" == Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

   >> I see.  In GNU Emacs, time-to-seconds is just an alias for float-time.
   >> Does XEmacs have that?

   > Already checked, no, unless it's under another name, but in
   > `time-date.el' there is an elisp implementation of
   > `time-to-seconds', we could use that for compatibility with XEmacs,
   > if necessary.

I don't remember that one, but I do remember that in order to use org
mode I needed the following

(unless (fboundp 'time-to-seconds)
  (defun time-to-seconds (time)
        "Convert time value TIME to a floating point number."
        (with-decoded-time-value ((high low micro time))
          (+ (* 1.0 high 65536)
             low
             (/ micro 1000000.0)))))

That worked, I don't know about the new version though.