Re: [AUCTeX-devel] A simple patch displaying compilation time

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] A simple patch displaying compilation time
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 07:20:33 +0100

On 2017-02-19, at 17:50, Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have finally become bored enough of going to Eshell and saying "time
>> pdflatex <whetever>" instead of just pressing C-c C-c that I decided to
>> spend a few minutes writing this quite trivial patch.  I would be
>> thankful for reviewing it and telling me what I should change in case
>> I messed something up (or accepting it if I didn't;-)).
>
> Just a note: the information isn't printed if there are warnings
> captured by `TeX-LaTeX-sentinel'.

Yes, I see it.  I added suitable calls to `TeX-LaTeX-sentinel' (which
was not very DRY, but that function already isn't very DRY to begin
with...), but I noticed that it won't work nice in XEmacs (even after
a call to (fbound #'time-to-seconds)).  I'll fix that and send the
corrected patch soon.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski