Re: [AUCTeX-devel] feature proposal kill an next item in a enumerate lik

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] feature proposal kill an next item in a enumerate like environment
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 11:10:53 +0000

>>> "Arash" == Arash Esbati <address@hidden> writes:

    > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
    >> First of all, thanks very very much, this is really sophisticated at
    >> least for me, then some clarification.

    > Hi Uwe,

    > you're welcome.  I can think of one situation where my suggestion
    > chokes:

    > \begin{enumerate}
    > * move cursor to this line and run the function
    > \item First we do blabla
    >   and so on
    > \item the we do
    > \end{enumerate}

Right it gives an error.

    > Here an improved version which also works for \bibitem's:

When I do what you suggest I receive «no start of item found» that is on
purpose?

I use almost entirely bibtex so I don't kill bibitem's manually, but if
you are trying to generalize it, why not cover \question of the exam
style? The tricky thing is that the document could look like

\question
answer this.
\titeledquestion{Euler's method}
describe it

But anyhow I would maybe not delete an exercise as often as an item...

Uwe