[AUCTeX-devel] Coding docstrip.el

From: Jan Braun
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Coding docstrip.el
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 11:56:26 +0100

Hello Arash,

you offered me to contact you via this mail address on emacs.stackexcange.com.    Thank you very much.

I am happily coding on docstrip.el as an extension to AUCTeX and would be really honored, to have it added to official AUCTeX sources.

Meanwhile, I have some good progress and wanted to ask you, if you would be so kind, to have a first glance on it, to keep me on the right track, avoid bad habits …, before I blame myself by releasing the code ;-)

You where also so friendly to help me with my question regarding the guards in docstrip and doc-files: (http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/31288/how-to-insert-a-docstrip-tag-environment-in-auctex).

I think, this code should be added as patch/extension/addon to doc.el, as it affects files, that will load doc.el from the actual AUCTeX styles.

But the guards inserted in the DTX-files have to match those in the docstrip „.ins“-files.

Therefore, I plan to save the list of used guard symbols in an extra list, which will be queried, if the user has to insert the name of a guard in a docstrip .ins or a doc .dtx file.  Furthermore, these guard symbols should be also saved into the corresponding auto-files of the sources, in order to be used by doc.el, i. e. the user could use completion to insert a guard, in a .dtx file  which was declared in the docstrip .ins-file and vice-versa.

Although, I know, that the code on Stackexchange is CC, I think, it would be rude, to not ask you, to permit me, to use your code for the above described usage.  Of course, I will credit you as the real author.

I am looking very much forward to reading you

    Jan

—
Jan Braun

=== ypchsh /usr/local/bin/emacs === go FORTH now … ===