[AUCTeX-devel] Format of Makefile.in

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Format of Makefile.in
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 15:55:32 +0900

Hi all,

I would like to enhance the support for Japanese class files in AUCTeX.
May I change Makefile.in as the attached diff?  As you can see, this
change breaks the three-files-per-row format partially.  Or should I
stick to preserving the format?

[reason for this change]
I'm going to add four new AUCTeX style files, tarticle.el, tbook.el,
treport.el and jsreport.el.  The formar three correspond to
t{article,book,report}.cls, which are are counterparts of
j{article,book,report}.cls and designed for vertical writing.  I think
inserting these three next to j{article,book,report}.el in Makefile.in
is not a problem.  It is the last one, jsreport.el, that breaks the
three-files-per-row format.

This jsreport.el is for jsreport.cls released newly this month --- you
can retrieve it by updating TeXLive with tlmgr --- and forms `jsclasses'
family together with jsarticle.cls and jsbook.cls.  So I think
js{article,book,report}.el look coherent if I pick up jsarticle.el and
jsbook.el from other lines in Makefile.in and align the three in the
same way as j-{article,book,report}.el, j{article,book,report}.el and
t{article,book,report}.el.

What do you think about it?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita