Re: [AUCTeX-devel] How to use tikz.el

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] How to use tikz.el
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2017 19:37:21 +0200

Julien Cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems a lot of work has been done on the tikz.el style file, but I
> couldn't understand what it provides and how to use it.
>
> + does it provide some auto-completion for tikz macros ?

Hi Julien,

tikz.el provides auto-completion support for macros draw, coordinate and
node, plus tikzpicture environment (this is the way I understand the
code, I've never used it).

> + does it provide some fontification for tikz environments and macros ?

No.

> + what is needed to have it do its magic whenever there is a tikzpicture
> environment ? Should the file have a \usepackage{tikz} ? (I usually load
> tikz through my own style) ?

I suggest to put this in your init file:

    (setq TeX-parse-self t)

Then AUCTeX automatically parses your .tex file and load the relevant
style files.

If you have an own style, put this in your style hook:

    (TeX-run-style-hooks "tikz")

to load tikz.el.

HTH.
Best, Arash