[AUCTeX-devel] [Patch] support xreader

From: Antoine Levitt
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] [Patch] support xreader
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 15:11:27 +0200

So apparently forking GNOME once was not enough, and now the linux mint
people have a new name for their pdf viewer, xreader (see e.g.
https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_sarah_cinnamon_whatsnew.php). Here's a
patch for auctex to support it. I had to remove a check for the
executable, because xreader has DE "x" and APP "reader" while the
executable is named "xreader", but I don't think that check was useful
in the first place (might as well try to register with dbus, even if the
executable does not exist). I also reworded the doc to speak of
"evince-compatible viewers" (who knows how many of these there will be
in the future...)

Best,
Antoine