Re: [AUCTeX-devel] AUCTeX without Desktop Environment

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] AUCTeX without Desktop Environment
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 06:47:37 +0100

Hello Easior,

    > while any LaTeX source file opened in Emacs. I have no idea about
    > how to resolve it. Is it possible to let AUCTeX without desktop
    > environment work? Any hint?

This is probably not what you want to hear but I'm tempted to suggest
you dump evince, which, in my opinion, is bloated. Auctex and xpdf work
happily without a graphical user interface. I use them in xmonad.

Best wishes,

Colin.

Colin Baxter
address@hidden
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8