Re: [AUCTeX-devel] help please

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] help please
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 10:54:47 -0700

Dear Robert,

> i have been happily using auctex with aquamacs on a mac for many years.
> sometime, not long ago, i have the following mysterious problem with the
> compilation mode (double C-c).  here’s a file to demonstrate it:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \begin{document}
> foobar
> \end{document}
>
> Yes, it is the most trivial file possible!  When I do a C-c C-c and compile
> with LaTeX, I get a successful compile, BUT it reports in the message line
>
> LaTeX: problems after {1} page.
>
> It means that C-c C-C will not cycle through the options to preview, for
> example, because of said problem.
>
> Please advise on what is going wrong!
>
> The log file reveals no particular problems:

This is a known issue when using TeX Live 2017, and a fix is included
in the latest stable release of AUCTeX (11.91).  You should upgrade
your AUCTeX package, but I can't advice you on how to do it properly
in Aquamacs, since AUCTeX is embedded in the editor.

Is there someone using Aquamancs that can suggest how to update
AUCTeX?  Is fine to just using ELPA or there will be conflicts with
the built-in version?