Re: [AUCTeX-devel] bugs in LaTeX-includegraphics-extensions; incompatibi

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] bugs in LaTeX-includegraphics-extensions; incompatibility with old emacsens
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 22:22:41 +0200

Ikumi Keita <address@hidden> writes:

> I found `LaTeX-includegraphics-extensions' in style/graphicx.el doesn't
> work well in two aspects.
>
> (1) It doesn't return expected extensions if `TeX-engine' is not
> `default'.
> [...]
>
> (2) The value of `LaTeX-includegraphics-extensions' is truncated
> inadvertently as side effect.
> [...]
>
> I expect that the attached patch matches the intent of the author of the
> original code.

Hi Keita,

many thanks for tracking this down.  Indeed, your patch matches my
original intent :-) If you're willing to clean up after me, please go
ahead.  Otherwise I will try to fix this later this week.  If you're
going to install your patch, please follow the guidelines described
here[1] regarding comments.

> And that's not the end of the story; Actually, `delete-dups' is not
> available on emacs 21.4 and xemacs 21.4. (Emacs 22.3 and xemacs 21.5.31
> have it.) What should we do?

My vote would be to keep it as it: Emacs 22.3. was released 2008.  I
think it is time to ask users to update Emacs or use an older AUCTeX
release (11.88 or older).  This would apply for XEmacs users as well.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Comment-Tips.html