Re: [AUCTeX-devel] non latin alphabet based languages input method and l

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] non latin alphabet based languages input method and latex
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 00:36:35 +0900

Hi Uwe,

> How do users of non latin alphabet based languages, (arabic, hebrew,
> Japanese Chinese etc etc) insert and modify latex formula???

> The only way I know is to toggle between say Us-ASCII and say Hebrew
> keyboard every time I write math. This is cumbersome. Any ideas?

I don't switch keyboard.  I set up the default input method for Japanese
in my init file ~/.emacs.d/init.el and just type C-\
(toggle-input-method) to activate and deactivate the input method during
the edit of LaTeX documents.

Yes, this is a little cumbersome certainly, but I accept it as
inevitable cost for us Japanese to use computers.

Best,
Ikumi Keita