Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Failing tests

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Failing tests
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 00:57:27 +0900

Hi Mosè,

> Hi Keita,
> apparently I haven't been running the tests for a while.  I just
> noticed that I have two tests failing on my system:

>   japanese/parse-timing.log
>   tex/path-expansion.log

> For the first one:

> Test japanese-TeX-style-hook-timing backtrace:
>   (if (unwind-protect (setq value-2 (apply fn-0 args-1)) (setq form-de

For the first one, after "make distclean" in the top directory, "make"
in tests directory will succeed.

I realize for the first time that the test file should contain the code
necessary to load style files even when "tex-site.el" generated during
the build process is left in the top directory.  I will add the
following code taken from the test file "latex/latex-test.el" later:
;; Add the "style/" directory to `TeX-style-path',
;; so we can load style files inside tests.
(add-to-list 'TeX-style-path
             (expand-file-name "../../style"
                               (when load-file-name
                                 (file-name-directory load-file-name))))

> For the second one (this is the issue related to delimiters discussed
> elsewhere):

> Test TeX-variable-truncation backtrace:
>   TeX-search-files-by-type(abc global)
>   (let ((var (quote ("str1" "str2"))) (TeX-kpathsea-path-delimiter nil

This error is due to my last bogus commit.  After applying the proposed
fix attached in
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex-devel/2017-11/msg00030.html
, the test will succeed.  I'm sorry for inconvinience.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita