Re: [AUCTeX-devel] What is the proper way to install auctex as a user?

From: Alex Branham
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] What is the proper way to install auctex as a user?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 07:13:45 -0500

On Thu 29 Mar 2018 at 06:01, Ikumi Keita <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Alex and Arash,
>
> [How to confirm]
> 0. eval (setq-default TeX-master nil).
> 1. Save the following dummy file in, say, /tmp.
> ---- sub.tex ------------------------------
>
> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% mode: latex
> %%% TeX-master: "main"
> %%% End:
> 2. Open the file with AUCTeX.
> 3. C-x C-f abc.tex RET
> 4. Then emacs says
> TeX-dwim-master: No catch for tag: --cl-block-nil--, "main"
>
> I'm still using emacs 25.3, not emacs 26.  So it might be the issue of
> the version of cl-lib, not of AUCTeX itself.  Anyway, the output of
> TeX-submit-bug-report in the sub.tex buffer is shown below.

Hi Ikumi -

Thanks for the report and reproducible example! I can reproduce it here
on Emacs 26.0.91 too. I think this bug was introduced recently when we
switched away from cl functions to cl-lib functions. It comes from the
cl-return line in TeX-dwim-master. Though since return is just an alias
for cl-return, perhaps the bug has been there longer? Either way, I
think the attached patch should fix the issue, it at least seems to on
my end. Can you test it out?

Alex