Re: [AUCTeX-devel] reftex-reference not including autoref

From: Alex Branham
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] reftex-reference not including autoref
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 15:55:34 -0500

On Fri 20 Apr 2018 at 15:36, Arash Esbati <address@hidden> wrote:

> Alex Branham <address@hidden> writes:
>
> as it stands, RefTeX doesn't parse the packages used in a .tex file and
> sets a specific behaviour.  I presume you use AUCTeX with RefTeX and it
> that case, AUCTeX has these lines in hyperref.el:
>
>     ;; Activate RefTeX reference style.
>     (and LaTeX-reftex-ref-style-auto-activate
>          (fboundp 'reftex-ref-style-activate)
>          (reftex-ref-style-activate "Hyperref")))
>
> If you have TeX-parse-self set to t, it should work just fine when you
> open a file containing \usepackage{hyperref}.

Thanks for the reply, I think it helped me track down the issue. It
looks like variables like TeX-style-global and TeX-lisp-directory aren't
getting set correctly for me. TeX-style-global is
"/home/alex/.emacs.d/lib/auctex/auctex/style" but it should be
"/home/alex/.emacs.d/lib/auctex/style". I guess I'm doing something
wrong when building it from git? Here's what I currently do:

git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/auctex.git ~/.emacs.d/lib/auctex
cd ~/.emacs.d/lib/auctex
./autogen.sh
.configure --prefix=$HOME
make

which gives me a TeX-data-directory with the value

(expand-file-name "auctex" (file-name-directory load-file-name))

Which is one too many auctex's since file-name-directory expands to
"/home/alex/.emacs.d/auctex".