Re: [AUCTeX-devel] reftex-reference not including autoref

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] reftex-reference not including autoref
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 00:31:29 +0900

> On Tue 24 Apr 2018 at 09:52, Ikumi Keita <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I.e., a subdirectory "auctex" is on the same level with tex-site.el and
>> auctex.el, and all of the rest files are inside that subdirectory.  This
>> is different from the status of git checkout, which is without "auctex"
>> subdirectory.
>> In other words, the git checkout directory cannot be used as an
>> alternative of installation.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ikumi Keita

> Thanks so much, that makes a lot of sense. Perhaps README.GIT needs to
> be updated, then? It currently says, "Running ./autogen.sh on a fresh
> clone of the Git repository will give you the state of the distribution
> tarball, except that Git-specific files are not removed.", which doesn't
> seem to be the case as far as I understand.

Well, I don't think so.  The "auctex" subdirectory is created only
during the process of `make install'.  If you expand the tarball
auctex-12.1.tar.gz, you will see
aclocal.m4          COPYING             multi-prompt.el     tex-font.el
auctex.el.in        doc                 plain-tex.el        tex-info.el
auctex.spec         etc                 preview-latex.spec  tex-ispell.el
bib-cite.el         FAQ                 preview.el.in       tex-jp.el
ChangeLog-preview   font-latex.el       PROBLEMS.preview    tex-mik.el
ChangeLog-preview.1 images              prv-emacs.el        tex-site.el.in
ChangeLog.1         INSTALL             prv-install.el      tex-style.el
CHANGES             install-sh          prv-xemacs.el       tex-wizard.el
circ.tex            INSTALL.windows     README              tex.el
configure           latex               RELEASE             texmathp.el
configure.ac        latex.el            style               TODO
context-en.el       lpath.el            tex-bar.el          toolbar-x.el
context-nl.el       Makefile.in         tex-buf.el
context.el          mkinstalldirs       tex-fold.el
, which is basically the same as the git checkout and also lacks the
intermediate directory "auctex".

Bye,
Ikumi Keita