Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Typeset LaTeX files with non-ascii file name in TeXLi

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Typeset LaTeX files with non-ascii file name in TeXLive 2018
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 14:48:13 +0900

Hi Uwe,

> Again this is just for some particular binaries or in general? I am
> still with TL 2017.

> If it is a breakdown  in general of that feature I am _against_ it.

> Region compilation is a feature I rely on very much.

> But maybe I misunderstood the implication of your proposed changes.

  You are not affected because you use TeXLive 2017.  As I wrote
>> - (Pdf)latex binaries without e-TeX extension have the following two
>> limitations:
, the restrictions are limited to only (pdf)latex binaries _without_
e-TeX extension.
  Such binaries only exist in very old TeX distributions, at least for
TeXLive.
c.f. https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex/2018-05/msg00013.html
I know little about MikTeX, but I expect the situation is similar.

> I am not really sure I understand the implications of your change. Would
> it apply for all sort of latex documents or such with non ascii file names?

All sort of documents processed with standard (pdf)latex without e-TeX
extension.  LaTeX variants such as xelatex and lualatex are not
affected.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita