Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Typeset LaTeX files with non-ascii file name in TeXLi

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Typeset LaTeX files with non-ascii file name in TeXLive 2018
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 22:00:46 +0900

Hi Arash and Jean,

>> Hi Keita,
>>
>> many thanks for working on this.  I haven't looked at the patch, but I
>> think we should keep `TeX-command-extra-options' working.  It is a very
>> flexible way to control the binary invoked on a file basis.  E.g., all
>> files which \usepackage{minted} need this:
>>
>> %%% TeX-command-extra-options: "-shell-escape"

As Jean pointed out, I didn't touch how `TeX-command-extra-options' is
used.

And sorry, I misunderstood the position of %(extraopts).  I thought that
the current AUCTeX allows `TeX-command-extra-options' to insert TeX
codes in a command line like this:

%%% TeX-command-extra-options: "\\foo\\bar{\\bla}"

But that's not the case.  Since %(extraopts) is put BEFORE %(mode) in
the default `TeX-command-list' and `LaTeX-command-style', such settings
won't work.

Thus `TeX-command-extra-options' cannot be used to put TeX codes in a
command line even with current AUCTeX.  I'm sorry for my confusing
statements so far.

I wonder how Colin achieves to put TeX codes in a command line in
AUCTeX.  Perhaps by customizing `TeX-command-list' or
`LaTeX-command-style'?  Or customizing `TeX-expand-list' to override the
default expansion of %(extraopts), %(mode) etc.?

> Surely Keita (sorry Keita for mixing up your firstname with lastname!)

Don't mind, we Japanese (at least I) generally don't care much whether
to be called by first name or last name in conversation with western
people :-).

Regards,
Ikumi Keita