[AUCTeX-devel] prettifying, R2L languages and the evil backslash

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] prettifying, R2L languages and the evil backslash
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 14:13:08 +0300

Hi

Since a while it is possible, by using prettying, to display math
constructs by their symbols.
I attach a screenshot.

The problem is now we one has a R2L language, say hebrew in the
following form

שלום
\begin{equation}
  \label{eq:testheb:1}
  \int f dx = \sum \alpha
\end{equation}

It will be displayed wired, some math constructs are displayed others
are not. I attach a screenshot.

One reason is the *evil* backslash. Eli  Z. gave me the advice to try

(defun my-bidi-set-latex-backslash-on ()
  (interactive)
  (put-char-code-property ?\\ 'bidi-class 'L)
    (message "Backslash is NOW L for BIDI, good for LaTeX."))

(defun my-bidi-set-latex-backslash-off ()
    "This change backslash back to the default behaviour ON."
  (interactive)
  (put-char-code-property ?\\ 'bidi-class 'ON)
  (message "Backslash is again neutral for BIDI"))

Which results in the 3 screenshot. But in none of the last two prettying
works.

Could that be included?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer