Re: [AUCTeX-devel] support style files which are not (yet) on CTAN

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] support style files which are not (yet) on CTAN
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 23:31:34 +0200

Hi Uwe,

> Hi
>
> I am thinking of writing up a  pkg that supports Leslie Lamport's style
> pf2.sty. http://lamport.azurewebsites.net/latex/latex.html
>
> However this style file is not on CTAN, so I would like now, what is the
> attitude of others towards such package? Can we support them,
> officially?

I don't think we have a written policy about this, but I'm inclined
towards officially supporting only packages with a free license
included in CTAN.  This package doesn't meet either condition, in
particular, unless I missed it, it doesn't have any license, making it
a non-free software.

Anyway, nothing prevents you from writing the style file and
distributing it, with a free license ;-)