Re: [AUCTeX-devel] question regarding installation under Windows

From: michael malone
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] question regarding installation under Windows
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 19:06:44 +0000

Dear David, Mose

Apologies for not getting back to you regards confirming whether your instruction to install AUCTeX using the Emacs package manager was successful.

Well I am happy to say that it was successful and everything is working perfectly.  Thank you very much for your help and also for the work you do maintaining AUCTeX.

Referring specifically to the installation instructions,  indeed it does say to install AUCTeX using the Emacs package manager in the docs but unfortunately I found the legacy installation instructions first that were linked in my first email.

Perhaps as part of the old installation instructions you could include a disclaimer that the instructions are out of date and perhaps a link to the relevant current instructions.

This may be helpful for other emacs amateurs like myself 😊

Thanks again for the info!

Best,

Michael

Sent from Mail for Windows 10