Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Setting `add-log-current-defun-function'

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Setting `add-log-current-defun-function'
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2019 15:28:04 +0200

>>> "AE" == Arash Esbati <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Arash

   > Hi all,
   > AUCTeX doesn't have a function to set `add-log-current-defun-function'.
   > Hence, hitting `C-x 4 a' in .tex file puts only the file name in the
   > ChangeLog.  I suggest to add something like this to tex.el:

Very nice. I asked this question more than 10 years ago and Carsten
Dominik provided a small package which seems to do very similar things
to your code. At some point I asked to include the code into auctex, but
that was refused, but I don't recall the reason.

I attach Carsten's code so that you can judge for yourself. I use it
very frequently and find it very useful.

Regards

Uwe