Re: [AUCTeX-devel] xemacs (sigh)

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] xemacs (sigh)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 14:09:28 +0100

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 at 13:54, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Mose
>
> > Hi Uwe,
> > On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 at 13:40, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Not sure about the origin of the error, but upgrading AUCTeX may be
> > useful.  Version 11.84 was released 12 years ago.  The latest version
> gosh, so long ago?

You should ask your colleague why they're using such an old version :-)

> > supporting XEmacs is 11.92.
>
> Thanks, it seems that the log message of the particular commit does not
> make any reference to this important fact. At least when I convert it to
> mercurial (via the hg-git extension, I really don't know git well
> enough: so I don't know how to display the original log message of that
> particular commit in git, but I know it in mercurial).
>
> I just see
>
> Release_11.92
>
> Again not knowing enough git, if I am correct and the message is that
> short, could the  message be made a bit more extensive,

We can't edit history (this principle is probably even more important
in Mercurial than in git), I'm not sure what you expect us to do.

> although this was
> published 10 years ago?

What was released 10 years ago?  11.92 was released 2 years ago and is
functionally identical to the latest stable version (12.1), apart from
the fact this won't run with XEmacs.