Re: [AUCTeX-devel] xemacs (sigh)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] xemacs (sigh)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 21:37:50 +0200

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

   > The version has a lot of other changes.  XEmacs has been comparatively
   > unimportant for a number of years for AUCTeX and vice versa.

Please don't remind me. It almost hurts me physically to think that such
a great software like xemacs, which had/has features 20 years ago, that
GNU emacs was relatively slow to implement, faded away into the great
abyss of oblivion[1] and that its developer did not really care about
auctex.

   > Would that have been any different, it might have been possible to
   > find someone willing to invest the time and effort for keeping
   > XEmacs supported. The end of XEmacs support is not really important
   > enough to single out here.

Well as a long time Xemacs I beg to differ.

   > The only thing that might be worth thinking about is linking to
   > (the latest?) news on AUCTeX's web page.

That would be helpful.

Footnotes:
[1]  Save Aidan's  sporadically pushes to bitbucket