Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [gs-devel] Try to colorize preview

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [gs-devel] Try to colorize preview
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 18:40:02 +0900

[ I drop Ken and gs-devel from To: and Cc: field for this message. ]

> The attached patch #1 (just adding initial TeX codes at execution of
> pdflatex) works only partially.  Though the background turns its color
> as expected, the foreground color isn't affected.

> The situation changes by further modification in preview.sty with the
> attached patch #2, which uncomments two lines.  Together with the above
> patch #1, my intent of setting both the foreground and background colors
> are reflected in the outcome of preview-latex.

The story changes when I use latex+dvips+gs or latex+dvipng with
`TeX-PDF-mode' set to nil.  In those cases, the foreground color is
reflected but the background color is ignored, even if `dvips' option is
given to color.sty and preview.sty.  So it would be still necessary to
adjust the colors with elisp functions `preview-gs-color-string' and
`preview-dvipng-color-string', at least for bakcground color, even with
the patches #1 and #2.

Bye,
Ikumi Keita