Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [gs-devel] Asking help for preview-latex

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [gs-devel] Asking help for preview-latex
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 23:20:06 +0900

> Well, the principal problem is that Chris stated that one cannot check
> for the availability of a working DELAYBIND without enabling it, and
> enabling it will make the document blow up.  So I guess we don't have
> much of a feasible option for now but to disable the color transfer if
> it's not available, and at some suitably later "safe" point of time
> enable DELAYBIND (though we possibly could put code there already that
> can be manually enabled) and update the requirements once DELAYBIND is
> used by default.

> Something like that?

I was just thinking to immigrate to the new code using DELAYBIND, and
announce the user to install patched gs-9.27 if in hurry.  But it might
be a good idea to introduce a new user option to choose between
(1) No color transfer, "black on white" appearance
(2) New code
for the case preview-latex uses PDF backend.  Both have own
disadvantage, but at least they can avoid errors with customized
foreground color of emacs.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita