Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [gs-devel] Asking help for preview-latex

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [gs-devel] Asking help for preview-latex
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 23:30:43 +0900

> I was just thinking to immigrate to the new code using DELAYBIND, and
> announce the user to install patched gs-9.27 if in hurry.  But it might
> be a good idea to introduce a new user option to choose between
> (1) No color transfer, "black on white" appearance
> (2) New code
> for the case preview-latex uses PDF backend.  Both have own
> disadvantage, but at least they can avoid errors with customized
> foreground color of emacs.

How about the attached patch?

I'm not sure whether I'm doing right with respect to suppressing fg/bg
colors in `preview-gs-color-string', in the above case (1).  I don't
understand what role "mask" and "border" play here, so I suppressed only
"fg" and "bg" parameters.  Maybe I should disable
`preview-gs-color-string' altogether in the case (1).

This patch brings a drawback for users who customize the background
color of Emacs and use default foreground color, with unmodified
gs-9.27.  In that case, the background color of the generated images
will just be white and no longer match with Emacs.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita