auctex in elpa

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: auctex in elpa
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2020 21:56:44 +0100

Hi

I am just struggling around with the MELPA package for matlab-mode.

So out of curiosity I looked into the Auctex pkg as provided by ELPA (I
usually use auctex git master).

So it turns out that the following files are included in the ELPA
package:

auctex-autoloads.el
auctex.el
auctex.elc
auctex.info
auctex-pkg.el
bib-cite.el
bib-cite.elc
build-aux
ChangeLog
ChangeLog.1
ChangeLog-preview
ChangeLog-preview.1
circ.tex
context.el
context.elc
context-en.el
context-en.elc
context-nl.el
context-nl.elc
COPYING
dir
doc
.elpaignore
etc
font-latex.el
font-latex.elc
GNUmakefile
images
latex
latex.el
latex.elc
latex-flymake.el
latex-flymake.elc
multi-prompt.el
multi-prompt.elc
plain-tex.el
plain-tex.elc
preview.el
preview.elc
preview-latex.info
prv-emacs.el
prv-emacs.elc
README
README.GIT
RELEASE
style
tests
tex-bar.el
tex-bar.elc
tex-buf.el
tex-buf.elc
tex.el
tex.elc
tex-fold.el
tex-fold.elc
tex-font.el
tex-font.elc
tex-info.el
tex-info.elc
tex-ispell.el
tex-ispell.elc
tex-jp.el
tex-jp.elc
texmathp.el
texmathp.elc
tex-mik.el
tex-mik.elc
tex-site.el
tex-site.elc
tex-style.el
tex-style.elc
tex-wizard.el
tex-wizard.elc
toolbar-x.el
toolbar-x.elc

Are the ChangeLog, the GNUmakefile and couple of other files which seem
more important if you want to compile auctex yourself, really intended
to be part of the ELPA package system?

Regards

Uwe Brauer