Re: LaTeX 2020-02-02 release

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: LaTeX 2020-02-02 release
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 22:02:55 +0100

Hi Keita,

Ikumi Keita <address@hidden> writes:

>> This change means we have to add 2 entries to `LaTeX-font-list' for
>> \textsw and \textulc.  I suggest the keys `C-w' and `C-l', i.e.:
>
>>     (?\C-l "\\textulc{"     "}")
>>     (?\C-w "\\textsw{"      "}")
>
> It might be good for menu-oriented users to have those new entries in
> `LaTeX-mode-menu' as well, whereas it might be preferable to avoid
> commands not used so often in order to keep the menu concise.  I'm
> neutral between these two options.  What do you think about it?

Thanks for your response.  I had a look at `LaTeX-mode-menu' reg. adding
the new commands but honestly, I wasn't sure where to put them.  I
couldn't see the idea behind the sorting of the commands in that menu
which looks like this:

PNG image

Would it make sense to rework the menu entirely and sort the commands
alphabetically after the attribute as described in fntguide.pdf (page
6), i.e., family, series and shape or something like that?

Best, Arash