Re: TeX-remove-style-hook is local

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: TeX-remove-style-hook is local
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 00:43:12 +0900

>> I noticed one. TeX-normal-mode unconditionally creates "auto"
>> subdirectory and saves information about abc.tex in auto/abc.el.

> Yes, that's because the buffer is saved, so it just happens a bit
> earlier.  I don't know if that's a problem...

If TeX-auto-save is nil (default value), auto subdirectory isn't created
at normal save (C-x C-s). So creating it unconditionally would be
unexpected behavior for people who doesn't enable TeX-auto-save
intentionally.

> If it isn't, we could remove `TeX-remove-style-hook' and
> `TeX-remove-style' completely since TeX-normal-mode (or rather
> normal-mode) kills all local variables anyway.

That would be a reasonable solution. It doesn't seem that remove-style
facility is a useful feature.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita