Re: TeX-remove-style-hook is local

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: TeX-remove-style-hook is local
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 16:32:43 +0200

Hi Keita,

I had a quick look again.  The problem is that many environments,
counters, lenghts etc. are added in LaTeX-common-initialization and
likewise for some symbols in plain-TeX-common-initialization.  That runs
only once when the major modes (LaTeX or PlainTeX) are initialized, so
nothing will be re-added by TeX-update-style after we nuked all
information through TeX-remove-style.

I think the right approach would be to put all those (La)TeX-add-* calls
into some core style hooks, i.e., in LaTeX-common-initialization there
would be a

  (TeX-add-style-hook "latex_core"
                      #'LaTeX-add-core-stuff
                      LaTeX-dialect)

call and all LaTeX-add-* calls are moved from
LaTeX-common-initialization into the new LaTeX-add-core-stuff (TODO:
better name!).

Same for plain-TeX-common-initialization.

If we'd do that, TeX-update-style after TeX-remove-style should be able
to build up all available environments, macros, counters, etc.

I'm currently a bit busy, so if you want to give that a try, please go
ahead.  Otherwise I'll try to do it ASAP, probably on the weekend.