Re: Updating xparse.el

From: Florent Rougon
Subject: Re: Updating xparse.el
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 01:17:38 +0200

Hi,

Related to this:

Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> wrote:

> next LaTeX release will include some code from xparse.sty[1]:

If my opinion matters and the feature doesn't already exist: IMHO, it
would be useful *not* to fontify the code-containing arguments of
\newcommand, \NewDocumentCommand, \NewDocumentEnvironment, \NewEnviron
(from the environ package), etc. I say this because I find that having
all of a command's code in the same color isn't helpful at all. If not
the default, it would be useful to have an option to do so.

I've implemented this behavior using a few hacks in my .emacs.el and
style files in ~/.emacs.d/auctex/style/, but I believe other users who
routinely work on macros would greatly appreciate this.

Regards

--
Florent