Re: AUCTex

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: AUCTex
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 18:01:03 +0200

Yaidel Toledo <yaidelytg@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Yaidel,

> *Output when trying to compile the simplest document, just a Hello world!*
> Running `LaTeX' on `' with ``pdflatex  -file-line-error  --synctex=1
> -interaction=nonstopmode .tex''
                           ^^^^

Is your LaTeX document really named just .tex?  I guess no, but somehow
that's what AUCTeX thinks.  Do you have your minimal example handy (and
the filename it has on your system)?

Given that you are using use-package, I guess you run the current ELPA
version of AUCTeX.  This looks to me as if something in your
configuration is not alright although I cannot spot the culprit right
now.

You could try to comment out your AUCTeX-related configuration except
for

  (use-package auctex :ensure t)

and see if the problem persists.  If it doesn't, comment in parts of
your configuration, restart emacs, and try again until you've found the
culprit.