Re: Putting tex-math-face in tex group

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Putting tex-math-face in tex group
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 17:14:48 +0900

Hi Arash,

> tex-math-face defined in tex-font.el doesn't specify a custom group.
> Any objections if I apply this patch in order to pacify the compiler?

I think that the patch itself is harmless. At the same time, I feel that
we should overhaul tex-font.el if possible.

The code of tex-font.el is basically the same with the font-lock-related
contents of tex-mode.el (standard tex mode of emacs), and seems to be
much outdated. So there are little points to have such own contents in
tex-font.el. In my opinion, we can replace most of the contents of
tex-font.el with just (require 'tex-mode) and leave only
`tex-font-setup' with the slightest change to follow the recent
font-lock setup in tex-mode.el.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita