Re: Output filenames and the inconsistency of the `file` variable

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Output filenames and the inconsistency of the `file` variable
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 02:17:15 +0900

Hi Al,

Your proposition sounds very much like the one proposed in this list a
while ago. See the thread beginning with
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex-devel/2020-06/msg00031.html
. I'm cc'ing to Tohiko Looka, the original poster of the above thread.

The thread seems to be dormant now though Colin and Tassilo expressed
their interests in that idea. How about discussing among those looking
forward to this idea, to refine and incubate full-fledged implementation
ready to incorporate into AUCTeX?

(I personally am not much inclined to that idea of using separate build
directory, but cooperation between the folks with similar spirits in
this list is of course welcome :-)

Best regards,
Ikumi Keita