Re: TeX-master and TeX-output-master

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: TeX-master and TeX-output-master
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 02:38:36 +0900

> Hello, Attached is a patch to AUCTeX that implements the
> output-directory option `TeX-output-dir` (defaults to nil) based on
> the discussion in this thread.

Aren't there anyone interested in this topic? (Tassilo or Colin?)

> Setting it using something like `(setq TeX-output-dir "auto/build")`
> should output all temporary and output files to a sub-directory
> `auto/build` next to the master file.

> I implemented this using a new expansion string `%(output-dir)`, which
> means that any user-defined commands must explicitly pass this option
> in the compilation command for this functionality to work.

> Any comments or feedback is most welcome.

Though I haven't tested the new feature discussed here, it seems that
the proposed patch still needs refinement. AUCTeX falls into infinite
loop after C-c C-c latex RET, if I let `TeX-output-dir' to be default
value of nil. In addition, C-c C-c claen RET gives the error "Symbol's
value as variable is void: mode-prefix".

And after I set `TeX-output-dir' to "build", just C-c C-c gives the
error "Symbol's value as variable is void: mode-prefix".

Regards,
Ikumi Keita