Re: TeX-master and TeX-output-master

From: Al Haji-Ali
Subject: Re: TeX-master and TeX-output-master
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 23:01:18 +0100

Hello Uwe,

On 09/09/2020, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> Bibtex failed.
>
> Running `BibTeX' on `main' with ``bibtex main''
> I couldn't open file name `main.aux'
>
> TeX Output exited abnormally with code 1 at Wed Sep  9 22:23:29

Thanks for testing! The attached patch (against 087b0300) should fix BibTeX and
biber.

The fix involves changing `TeX-run-command` to accept an argument for an
expected file extension in the directory (defaults to nil and passed as "aux"
in `TeX-run-BibTeX` which leads to the correct output-directory). I am not sure
this is the cleanest fix, but it should be backward compatible with previous
code.

I don't use all the features of AUCTeX, so I am not even sure how to test some
features. I would especially appreciate testing the other tex commands. I
suspect some of them would be broken but fixing them should be straightforward
(either by adding `%(output-dir)` to the command or by using the fix above).

Best regards,
-- Al