Re: TeX-master and TeX-output-master

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: TeX-master and TeX-output-master
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 15:31:43 +0200

>>> "AH" == Al Haji-Ali <abdo.haji.ali@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Al

> Hello Uwe,
>> I tested it, it works thanks. Later I will try out Index and friends

> Great! If something doesn't work, can you please include an example
> tex file for me to test? As I said, I don't use "index and
> friends".

Only by now I had the time to tried out index and friends in my case
nomenclature (it is the only one of the three: index glossary and
nomenclature that I use on larger articles)

To make a long story short I cannot generate the required files, on
reason similar to the bibtex problem. I attach a latex file with a
mininal example and the error message which pops up if I set a build
directory.

You have

    1. To run latex once

    2. Then run makeindex testglossary.nlo -s nomencl.ist -o testglossary.nls

    3. Then run latex again

However 2 fails.

>> I find this patch very useful for directories that contain very tex
>> files since all the aux files create a bit of a mess.

> Agreed. That's my motivation for it. Although I noticed that you
> use a global directory for all tex files: "/home/oub/blabla/built".

Right that is a valid point.

> Also, you may find the following two functions useful. If executed

Thanks. I did not notice them when I read your message first :-[
thanks I will give it a try

> (defun copy-tex-output ()

Regards

Uwe