Re: oddity with TeX-style-private ?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: oddity with TeX-style-private ?
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 16:31:08 +0200

>>> "TH" == Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
   > Hi Uwe,

   >> I have set
   >> '(TeX-style-private
   >> '("/home/oub/ALLES/emacs/site-lisp/auctex-private-style"))
   >> in my custom init file.
   >>
   >> I just wanted to add a style for venndiagrams but I wanted to do some
   >> testing.  Usually I reinstall auctex in that context but this time I
   >> thought to put the file in my TeX-style-private directory
   >>
   >> So
   >>
   >> 1. I wrote the file, byte compiled it even and
   >> 2. put in that directory,
   >> 3. Restarted emacs
   >> 4. Opened a file with had  \usepackage{venndiagram}

   > In general, that's the right procedure (byte-compilation is not needed).

   >> But the style file was not loaded!
   >>
   >> What do I miss?

   > Does `C-h v TeX-style-private' look like above setting (maybe you
   > defined it otherwise later in your ~/.emacs)?

No, I run grep over all by elisp files, the only setting is in
custom-init

C-h v TeX-style-private returns
,----
`----

   > Maybe something's wrong with the style itself?

I don't think so. Here is what I did to test it.

    1. I pulled the latest master.

    2. I create a branch called venndiagram,

    3. I added the style file and modified Makefile.in

    4. I run make clean, distclean and

    5. ./configure --with-emacs=/opt/emacs28/bin/emacs
       --prefix=/home/oub/ALLES/
       --with-lispdir=/home/oub/emacs/site-lisp/packages/au ctex-git
--without-texmf-dir

    6. Make, make install

    7. I restarted emacs and

    8. Voila auctex support venndiagrams.

So I am puzzled, how can I debug this? It is a bit cumbersome to follow
the procedure I just outlined.

Regards

Uwe