Re: oddity with TeX-style-private ?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: oddity with TeX-style-private ?
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 17:07:42 +0200

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> No, I run grep over all by elisp files, the only setting is in
> custom-init
>
> C-h v TeX-style-private returns
> ,----
> | TeX-style-private is a variable defined in ‘tex.el’.
> | Its value is
> | ("/home/oub/ALLES/emacs/site-lisp/auctex-private-style")
> | Original value was
> | ("/home/oub/.emacs.d/auctex/style")
> `----

Do you have a customization of `TeX-style-path'?  That's normally built
from `TeX-style-private' and the other variables (see the docstring) but
you can also customize it and then it overrides the others.

If not, what's the value of `TeX-style-path' with your custom setting of
`TeX-style-private'?  There might be the possibility that the former is
initialized before customize sets the value of the other.