Re: oddity with TeX-style-private ?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: oddity with TeX-style-private ?
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 12:12:19 +0200

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> If that's not what you want, then remove the ELPA auctex package (M-x
>> package-delete RET auctex<tab> RET) and try my "run auctex directly
>> from the checkout configuration without make install".
>
> That is true will remove the ELPA package and restart emacs.  I can
> live for the moment with configuring TeX-style-path
>
> I see what happens once I uninstall the ELPA package.
>
> Oops and here it goes, I recall now that this I tried once, and the
> following trouble prevented me for doing this
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Package ‘auctex-12.2.0’ is used by
> ‘texfrag’ as de...")

Hm, ok.  After reading the docs, I think putting this into the early
init file (‘~/.config/emacs/early-init.el’ or
‘~/.emacs.d/early-init.el’) could work:

  ;; Disable the auctex ELPA package but load all others.
  (setq package-load-list '((auctex nil) all))

Then you'd still have the ELPA package installed but it wouldn't be
loaded by `package-activate', see the docs at
  (info "(emacs) Package Installation")
and
  (info "(emacs) Early Init File").