Re: .dir-locals.el in AUCTeX tree

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: .dir-locals.el in AUCTeX tree
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 06:52:28 +0100

Gustavo Barros <gusbrs.2016@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Gustavo,

> And it may generate some inconveniences.  As an example, in my case,
> precisely because I want to ensure I won't fat finger the packages in
> the elpa/ directory, I use a .dir-locals there to open any package
> source files read-only.  But, if AUCTeX distributes its own
> .dir-locals, it overrides any other ones found up in the tree.

Out of curiosity: if you have ~/.emacs.d/elpa/.dir-locals.el and there
is an additional ~/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-13.0.1/.dir-locals.el, shouldn't
the settings of *both* apply in non-conflicting cases?  (I'm not sure
after reading the docs and too lazy to test myself.)

> That's to say: would you please consider including `.dir-locals.el' to
> `.elpaignore'?

Considered, accepted, applied, and pushed.  Will be in 13.0.2 but is not
important enough to make a release just with this change.