Re: [automatic insertion of label in frames]

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [automatic insertion of label in frames]
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 17:56:54 +0100

Hi Uwe,

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> However, I now realize that it would be best that the frame environment
> would allow to insert labels automatically (although it is somehow
> convenient to use org mode and convert it either to beamer or article,
> but it is not a real replacement for auctex).
>
> I order to achieve that I think I should change beamer.el

I implemented something like this in fancyvrb.el in order to add a label
value in the optional argument if the label key (calles `reflabel') is
given.  This implementation uses the RefTeX machinery if available.

Check the comments here[1] and the implementation of
`LaTeX-fancyvrb-env-reflabel-key-val' here[2]

In general, I think beamer.el should be overhauled, the way I see it the
style isn't up to date with the package.  Just reading the manual takes
quit a while, but writing AUCTeX for it could be fun ;-)

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/tree/style/fancyvrb.el#n44

[2]  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/tree/style/fancyvrb.el#n437