Re: auctex on MacOSX

From: Juergen Fenn
Subject: Re: auctex on MacOSX
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 23:00:10 +0200

Am 10.04.21 um 22:03 Uhr schrieb Uwe Brauer:
> I could try to set up a link to /usr/local/bin or something of that
> sort, but would like to know what other Mac Users do.[1]

> [1]  my «enthusiasm» for MaCOS if it ever existed is decaying rapidly,

Hi Uwe,

I've been teXing on a Mac since 2007 with no problems ever. If you
already have MacTeX installed, that's fine. The next step is setting up
Emacs. My choice is Aquamacs, get it from <http://aquamacs.org/>. It
should work out of the box. If you want to use it platform-independent
as every other Emacs see
<https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AquamacsEmacsCompatibilitySettings>.
Perhaps something has changed in the meanwhile (I'm still on 10.13), but
this should still work with Catalina.

Hopt this helps.

Regards,
Jürgen.