Re: new amsart patch, only gradual improvements are added for the moment

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: new amsart patch, only gradual improvements are added for the moment
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 20:57:41 +0200

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> What I am trying to say is this. If amssymb is loaded, then amsfonts
> is also loaded and that is why I think it should be
>
> (TeX-run-style-hooks "amsmath" "amsthm" "amssymb")

Sorry, I think we are miscommunicating.  I meant: If amsart.cls loads
the package amssymb.sty, then the statement above is correct, otherwise
not since AUCTeX styles follow the logic of loading styles as LaTeX
packages do.  I don't see amsart.cls loading amssymb.sty (or am I
missing something), hence I don't see why amsart.el should load
amssymb.el.

I slightly changed amsart.el, the latest version is attached.  It is
about running the style hooks for amsmath and amsfonts based on the
given options.

Best, Arash