Re: AUCTeX and "builtin latex mode" integration

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: AUCTeX and "builtin latex mode" integration
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 00:09:11 +0900

>> Oh, I see where that happens (and why it doesn't happen if we redirect
>> with `defalias`).

Sorry, I was talking based on my memory when I hacked
`japanese-latex-mode' in tex-jp.el to deal with double loading issue. I
forgot that `hack-one-local-variable' uses `indirect-function'. Yes, it
wouldn't happen when we use `defalias'.

> Hmm... no I still can't reproduce it, even with something else than
> a defalias.

Hmm. The double loading caused by mismatch between `major-mode' and
%%% mode: line did occur for `japanese-latex-mode' IIRC, but that might
not apply for `LaTeX-mode' case by some reason I'm looking over.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine