set the latex binaries, locally to different texlive distributions

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: set the latex binaries, locally to different texlive distributions
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2023 14:32:58 +0200

Hi

It so happens that a share a (mercurial) repository with latex files
with a colleague. This colleague has only texlive 2019 installed why I
upgraded to 2023 (but I still have 2019 installed. I install different
texlive distributions in different directories and then set appropriate
links. Now the nicematrix.sty gives some problems.

Somebody on the german tex group provided me with a clever if, so if the
file is compiled with texlive 2019 a certain style file is loaded and if
2023 another style file is loaded.

Now I have been warned that such a solution might be unstable, and this
why the following occurred to me.

Could I set just for this file, the binaries, that auctex will use
(pdflatex or xelatex) locally to use the ones provided by texlive 2019
(they are in my case in /usr/local/texlive/2019/bin

So is there any variable for doing this? I used apropos and searched
for latex-program or similar but could not find anything.

Somebody has an idea?

Thanks and regards

Uwe Brauer

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.