AUCTeX style for amsrefs package

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: AUCTeX style for amsrefs package
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 13:03:45 +0100

Hi all,

based on this Q&A[1], I had a brief but closer look and it seems it is
not that hard to support amsrefs package within AUCTeX, given that there
is amsreftex[2].  I don't have a clue about amsrefs, so this is a stab
in the dark.  Can you install the file attached in a directory under
`TeX-style-private' and see if it works with amsreftex.el?  Maybe we can
extend it and make it really work.  One thing I already saw is the
broken fontification for the \cites macro.  This is a clash with the
biblatex counterpart which is built in font-latex.el, but that is
fixable.

Another thing is addition to `reftex-cite-format', but I think we can
fix that as well.

Any comments welcome.

Best, Arash

Footnotes: