Re: Supporting LatexMK in AUCTeX OOTB

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Supporting LatexMK in AUCTeX OOTB
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 00:46:49 +0900

Hi Arash,

> This doesn't feel right.  AUCTeX has some options to control the output,
> and I think we should support them.  I mean, the only issue is currently
> with dvipdfmx as discussed above, and I don't think we should throw the
> baby out with the bathwater because of this one glitch.  And I think we
> should also get close to what auctex-latexmk offers, and we're not far
> away.  WDYT?

I think most Latexmk users have their own .latexmkrc because the stock
Latexmk just runs latex enough times and generate .dvi file. (no pdflatex
and no .pdf output) So I guess they are accustomed to have full control
over the options with their .latexmkrc.
However, I don't object to your idea, so please proceed.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW