Re: [can't compile the main branch]: SOLVED

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [can't compile the main branch]: SOLVED
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 13:02:46 +0200

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> I totally don't mind when you fix my errors and oversights.  That's
> exactly why I've hired you. ;-)

And I rely on Keita looknig after me ;-)

I have another question about this rule:

    clean:
            rm -f $(ALL_GENERATED_FILES) \
                    $(wildcard *.elc style/*.elc) \
                    auctex-autoloads.el \
                    ChangeLog \
                    $(DYNVARSFILES)

Is it necessary to delete ChangeLog here?  This rule just killed my
local ChangeLog :-(  We still have:

    ChangeLog:
            rm -f $@
            ./build-aux/gitlog-to-auctexlog && cat ChangeLog.1 >> $@

    elpa: $(MAIN_GENERATED_FILES) ChangeLog

which should do the job, or am I missing something?

> I don't get them with regular make either.  Maybe because I run emacs
> master which is a bit more clever?

My Emacs is from master and 9c01da56a5 smart.

Best, Arash