auctex

[AUCTeX+pdf-tools] Window splitting scheme

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: [AUCTeX+pdf-tools] Window splitting scheme
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 09:49:14 +0800

Hello.

I'm using AUCTeX with pdf-tools on two hosts. One has a FullHD monitor, the
other is connected to a 4k monitor. I faced some weird behavior of
AUCTeX+pdf-tools combination on the host with 4k monitor. On the host with
FullHD monitor a frame splits on left and right windows when I issue "View"
command, but on the 4k host frame splits into top and bottom windows, which
looks terrible as there are plenty space horizontally.

Does AUCTeX control how a frame would be split, or is it the Emacs duty?

Both hosts have identical Emacs configuration and software, the only
difference is a monitor.

I run Emacs on full screen in Awesome WM.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Against stupidity the very gods Themselves contend in vain.
                -- Friedrich von Schiller, "The Maid of Orleans", III, 6